Home » Past Events » CMPO Policy Seminar – Public Service Reform: Next Steps
With tighter budgets and increasing expectations, getting value for money from public services is as important as ever. This seminar, organised by the Centre for Market and Public Organisation (CMPO), presented the views of leading academic experts, front line service managers and policy makers.
This event was part of the ESRC Festival of Social Science 2009.
The proceedings were chaired by Deborah Wilson, Public Services Programme Deputy Director.
- Kevin McLean (Head of Strategy, Transformational Government, Cabinet Office)
“Public Services Reform – An Overview”
- Stephen Kings (Principal, Merchant’s Academy, Bristol)
“Reflections on Education Reform”
- Simon Burgess (Director, CMPO and Professor of Economics)
- Ann Lloyd (Former Chief Executive, National Health Service (NHS) Wales)
“Reflections on Health Care Reform”
- Carol Propper (Professor of Economics of Public Policy, CMPO)
“Health Care Reform”
- Paul Gregg (Professor of Economics, CMPO)
The seminar was held on 6th March 2009 in the Brunel Boardroom, British Empire & Commonwealth Museum, Station Approach, Temple Meads, Bristol, BS1 6QH